Wednesday, November 28, 2012

8-Square socks

I said it before and I'll say it again...Ravelry is a wonderful site. My creativity is challenged and the possibilities are endless!!

I remember those knitted slipper socks with the pom pom at the toes that elderly friends of my mom knit for us and I don't particularly care for that style. With the sudden cold spell my feet want to have something toasty and while I have lots of knitted socks, I don't want to wear them around on the tile etc and wear them out. Duh! I could really use some slippers.

So off I went to search Ravelry and I found this pattern. 8-sqare socks. I can use up various worsted weight yarn I've collected over the years too.

8 squares socks layout

This pattern is adjustable to fit the wearer and the trickiest part is seaming it together correctly. I made a mistake and had to undo the seam which is a PITA so I suggest pinning it all together then seam. It's trippy how this strip of knitted squares will transform into a slipper but it does!!

8-square socks

8-square socks

Aren't these cute?? Joshua saw them and immediately wanted some...I think I can use sock yarn doubled up to get worsted weight so I will try that for Josh's pair.

2 comments:

  1. did you find an english copy of the directions?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi, sorry I knit these so long ago so I don't remember the exact # to cast on. it will depend on your yarn/gauge but knit squares in garter stitch. then follow the chart to sew up. Hope that helps a little!
      ~Debbie~

      Delete