Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Retro

We are in the process of renovating my MIL's home so that we can rent it out. But first we had to go through a lot of things/items because she doesn't like to throw anything away. We found all her costume jewelry in addition to old photos, journals and various knickknacks.

Somethings we just couldn't keep or use and it's funny how certain things would catch our eye. Some wanted the costume jewlery which was pretty awesome and I liked mostly the gadgets.

Luckily for me, no one wanted the gadgets so I got to keep a couple of items. The first one is not very practical but still really cool to me.

Polaroid: The Button model

Behold, the Polaroid!! I remember these when I was younger but we never had one. It is still in very good condition but the film is quite expensive. A cassette that takes 8 exposures is $30. Wowza!! And I'm not even sure if the camera works but it probably does. The battery is actually in the film. Polaroid doesn't make the film anymore but some other company does for a high price.

Back view of Polaroid camera


It will look nice on display if I ever can de-clutter my house. :)

Another cool item is this...


Vintage opera glasses

It turns out to be pop-up opera glasses. It shuts flat and fits perfectly inside my little clutch purse. I know because I already used it last month to see American Idiot at the Ahmanson in Los Angeles. It worked great. :)

Open Opera glasses

Simple design and function. No bells or whistles. Hector says he found a few more of these glasses so I'm excited to see what those look like. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment