Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Noro Bias Lace Scarf

A new record for me knitting a scarf in about 3 days. Yay! It looks lovely in Noro colors (Silk Garden sock) and will soon be gifted to my SIL Lupe. I originally began a different pattern which divides the yarn into 3 separate balls and uses intarsia. You say what? Yeah, my first time which was coming along okay but I didn't like how the colors were lining up and was just too fiddily.

Off to Ravelry to scour pattern and I found the Noro Bias Lace scarf. Very simple pattern with stunning results. Once I got to the straight section, the pattern is easily memorized which was perfect for playoff hockey! I think Lupe will love this scarf very much (at least she better)!

Soaked and blocked on my mat which dried after a couple of days to emerge a gorgeous scarf. I really do love this pattern. Okay, on to pictures...

I still had to weave in the ends and was heading to see the Kings practice so I threw it in my photo bag. As soon as I walked in I noticed the almost life size cardboard cutout of Kopitar standing there so on our way out, we had a little photo shoot. :)

Kopi was very cooperative, willing and took instruction well. Kat was on hand to do the styling duties. Yes, we are silly but it was fun! Maybe I 'll get some pics of the scarf on me later...


Kopi and Noro Bias scarf Kopi modells the Noro Bias scarf

No comments:

Post a Comment