Monday, January 23, 2012

Weekend update

 No ice hockey for Joshua, we didn't have any either to go to (I watched it on TV) but Tyler did get his blue belt in kenpo on Saturday. We're hoping he gets motivated and focused since Josh will soon start.



Blue belt ceremony2

Jared gets to kick Tyler

Bill's turn

It was nice, chilly & rainy this weekend which brings up another favorite thing...a nice fire in my wood stove! After many years of lighting fires in the stove, I have come up my routine to start a fire. I used to have a difficult time getting enough kindling to get the logs to catch but one day, Hector & I happened to be at Lowes and found in the clearance section, these things called Lightning Nuggets. I can't remember if it was the box of 24 or 100 but it was marked down to $1 so we thought sure waht the heck we'll try it. There was another box that Hector said I should get but I said no, I'll try these first.

Well, these turned out to be awesome. Yes, Hector still reminds me of the time I missed out on the 2nd box I could have bought for $1 since I can find them online at $26 per 100 so I missed out on that. :) A box can last about a year or more...

I still use kindling but not nearly the amounts I did in the past. So when I want a fire, it's super easy and quick which makes me a happy girl...

No comments:

Post a Comment