Monday, January 16, 2012

Weekend Antics

First I have a video I shot on my phone because I was lame and forgot my camera. Josh is at his special needs ice hockey program skating and working on his stick handling. He loves to skate and seems to enjoy the program, especially the hot chocolate afterwards.



I started another hat and a cowl so those are my newest works in progress. On Sunday we went out to dinner and I got a text from a friend asking if our power was out. Huh? Through Facebook, I found out from neighbors that yes, our power was out and it was still out when we got back home.

The kids were happy to play in the dark with their flashlights while I dug out some candles and Hector busied himself with the generator (just in case). By this time the power is out for a couple of hours and we have no idea when it will come back on. Hector got the generator running (very very loud) and hooked up the fridge and a light. I made a fire in our wood stove and made ice cream sundaes for the kids. It was cute to have them sit by the fire eating their desserts even though we had a light on in the playroom. :)He went off to get more supplies like gasoline, batteries etc but while he was out, the power came back on at 9:15pm. Phew! I was relieved since I was not looking forward to sleeping (or trying to) while that generator was running.

All is back to normal, the kids are off today so we'll try for an outing with Sherri and her kids to see if we can spot some whales. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment