Thursday, May 13, 2010

Catching up

I may have posted these finished projects but most likely not. Some of these are from February when I was busy with the Victoria/Vancouver trip. First item for viewing is the lovely USA hat.
IMG_9691
 I cannot say how much I use Ravelry for resources and interacting with fellow knitters. If you're into knittting or crochet and not already a member, do it now! It's free. So back to my story. As soon as I got home, Ravelry had patterns posted of some of the Olympics hats seen on the athletes. Talented people who can look at a hat and chart out the pattern. It's amazing and these people post the pattern free for everyone to make and enjoy.
IMG_9690
Here are my Scandanavian socks where I use 2 different yarns to create the pattern. Not as difficult as I thought but it does take getting used to. I frequently became tangled with the 4 balls of yarn around me but it was worth it.
I started a new pair of socks for the May/June KAL (knit a long). The moderators pick 2 pairs of socks and people try knitting them for those months. Some KALs are very specific that both socks are finished in the month along with the cast on date etc but this KAL is very relaxed which is great for me. The other KAL has to be strict because they offer goodies for the people who finish on time and to be honest I've never tried that one although I so like looking at their projects. :)
This is the Crosshatch Lace pattern with the lovely Fleece Artist yarn that I got from my sock club (but I didn't care for that pattern).
_MG_9780
Summery colors of yellows, green and blue.
I'm still working on a pair of Sasquatch socks for our friend Matt who has whopper size 16 feet. I estimate that I'm about 1/2 way through the foot which is about 6 inches so far. I have a long way to go. I hope I have enough yarn..

No comments:

Post a Comment