Thursday, December 04, 2008

on the loose

This morning I was taking the trash to the bin off to the side of our yard when I heard dogs barking. Our neighbors have a dog that kept getting into our yard a few months ago but we fixed it so end of problem. Um, no. As I was throwing the trash in the bin I saw the dog, a young retriever mix. So I walk toward the back of the yard hoping to see where the dog got in. I got closer to the fence and saw another dog poke is head out through the boards then retreat back into his yard. So there are 2 dogs living next door. The first dog is skittish and barking at me so there was no way he could get back through to his side or let me near him. I started back toward the gate when the 2nd dog bursts through to our yard and the 2 dogs go bonkers running around when I realize the gate it open but I'm too late. The dogs take off into the street and I'm thinking great....I need to get the kids ready for school and hopefully catch these stupid dogs. Yeah right. I walk next door and see the dogs running around the cud de sac then turn the corner to who knows where. Great. I ring the doorbell and the lady answers the door but she doesn't speak English and no one else is home who does. Argh. She comes back with a notepad where I write what happened and she figures out her dogs are loose.

I had to get back to the kids but I hope they can find their dogs safe and sound. I think they had tags. Bummer.

No comments:

Post a Comment