Monday, December 15, 2008

barely here

Ugh, I'm all stuffy and hacking up lugies...I just hope the kiddies stay healthy. Plus it's raining and we had to cross a small river of water near the school so we got a good portion of our legs wet. I helped cut out paper Christmas stockings, punch numerous holes and add lots of yarn for the kids to lace up.

Knitting has ground to a halt. One pair of socks was past the heels but I lost some stitches that were twisted so I have no clue as to picking them back up so I'm shoving those aside to be ripped out and put back into rotation at a later date. I'm too tired to make anything special for anyone so they will just have to wait.

On a very good note, my cousin Hannah treated me to a fabulous massage at Burke Williams. I sat in the steam room scented with eucalyptus that cleared up my sinuses like magic. The massage therapist worked out all the knots and tension in my lower back. Happy day. Then I came home and managed to whip a great meal in 90 minutes. I'm loving my big Showtime rotisserie which handles the larger rib roast (4.76 lb) that I bought around Thanksgiving time. It took only about 75 minutes to roast and everyone loves the smell of spinning roasting meat. Joshua called it a chicken. :) Add some rice-a-roni and mixed vegetables and voila a great meal. so yummy. No room for dessert. Well, a couple of cookies that Hannah had made.

So I feel that I may tackle a new knitting project so I'll look around and procrastinate a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment