Thursday, September 25, 2008

kitchen antics

On Monday night we got to see our first hockey game. Even though it was preseason, it was still fun. I like our new seats so far but our row was empty so we'll see how it goes next time. Lots of fights...here is one of them.
I've been pretty productive this week. I already made banana muffins. Had to put those extra ripe bananas to use while utilizing ingredients in our house. We are aiming to stick to a budget and so far, so good. I happened to come across a recipe book that Tyler's 2nd grade class came up with. At least they pulled real recipes from the internet and Tyler chose Apple Strudel Muffins. I looked at it and sure enough we have all the ingredients! Woo hoo!

These came out really yummy so I'm gonna bring some when I pick the kids up from school. Tyler will be so happy.
But wait, there's more...
I managed to pull enough ingredients for a beef stew in the crockpot for tonight. Chop some carrots, potatoes, onions, throw in some stewing beef and add the seasonings and water. Voila!
Hopefully it will be nice and tasty with some crunchy French bread. Hmm.
This morning I even helped out with Josh's classroom. I cut papers into little booklets for next week. Then I had a child do a secret project involving, glue, paper and glitter. There are 20 kids in the class and I managed to get through half in about 45 minutes. Oh well, another time....no hurries.


No comments:

Post a Comment