Monday, January 08, 2018

Into The Rabbit Hole

My love of pens is deep and goes way back to when I was a kid. A time when I didn't have a computer and penmanship was graded in elementary school. I had the basic Bic and Pilot pens all through college so my experience was limited.

After pharmacy school, I discovered the joy of pen collecting through the different drug reps coning in and handing out pens with their company and/or drug names advertised. More standard pens but I learned quickly that I had my favorites There were the occasional unusual looking pens to stand out from the other companies, pens shaped like syringes that looked cool but didn't necessarily write well. I was constantly using pens to write Rxs and initial off prescriptions and more.

I don't remember when I got my first Montblanc but that was a super special treat and I loved writing with it but also scared of losing it. I've lost track of it and it may be in a box somewhere. I do have another one that I keep in my purse. A couple years ago, Hector and the boys gave me a Pelikan Souveran pen which is stays near my seat on the sofa. Don't want to lose that one!

I have an online skincare business and my pen love has been flaring up since I have the opportunity to write cards and notes to my customers. I get excited to write to my friend Kathy since we spent many years as penpals when she moved to Oregon back in high school.

The other day I was scrolling Ravelry (an online knitting community) and found a thread on fountain pens. Uh-oh, that thread went back 5 years of people raving about fountain pens. Brands and terms wasn't familiar with but that sparked an interest. I found https://edjelley.com/2015/06/03/7-best-beginner-fountain-pens-under-25-dollars/ which will let me try it out without breaking the bank. Thanks Amazon! I now have my Lamy Safari and assorted colors on order. I'm excited to include it to my note writing repertoire.

No comments:

Post a Comment