Sunday, November 06, 2016

Another weekend flies by...

It's already November!! How did that happen? I remember that 2016 didn't start off so well (in general) and has continued to be a sad/weird/not-so-good year. 

The good things for me personally though is that 1) I turned 50 years old and Hector threw an awesome, epic surprise party that he worked on for almost a year...2) Hector and I will be celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary which I still can't believe...3) I'm still challenging myself personally to always improve and become a better person.

Sometimes, it's easy to get complacent and in a rut so one has to shake thing up a bit sometimes. 

Meanwhile, I gave our hockey tickets away to out niece and her daughter since Hector went to Vegas and I couldn't find anyone to go with me. Then Julie steps in saying her BF isn't going to the hockey game with her so she asks me....everyone wins! Best of all, we got to try out the new restaurant Cleo in DTLA. Mediterranean food at its best. Everything we ordered was excellent. Hummus, Brussel sprouts, kabobs and drinks. We will definitely be going back again soon.

Then we have the hockey game...to top off our evening the Kings win!! First win in regulation which is kind of weird almost a month into the season. I got to visit Trish and her daughter during intermissions so it was just a really nice night. 

Sunday morning I was able to sleep in a little bit which is always a sweet thing. Not much on our schedule except to take the kids to California Adventure for the afternoon. They never have been in the Grand Californian so for some reason it was exciting for them. They were equally excited to enter the park through the hotel entrance which saves us time going all the way around. Quick security check and bam, we're in the park. It was also Dapper Day at the park where people dress up, mostly in vintage/retro clothing which adds a nice touch. 

Phew!! Okay, another week starts...a very important week that includes Election Day. Please exercise your right to vote!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment