Wednesday, February 03, 2016

Phil and Shadow

We've had our cats for over a year now since we adopted them from Kitty Bungalow. The cats have adjust really well and I can see all the signs that they are totally happy and trusting in their environment. 

Originally, we thought Shadow would be the skittish/standoffish one but Phil has that slight edge in wackiness. Phil freaked out one day for no apparent reason (to me) and he took almost a week to finally calm down in the freakout area. It was fascinating to observe but also felt awful since we didn't know how to deal with it because we had no idea what freaked Phil out.

Otherwise, Phil is my baby. He is laid back most of the time (with me) and let's me do all sorts of things to him...because he loves me.





A photo posted by Debbie T (@moodybq) on

For some reason, people can't figure how I got Phil's ears to do this. It's temporary plastic surgery where I place my fingers behind his head and pinch slightly to bring his ears together. Duh!




Another picture using the same technique.
Phil is so chill he allows a certain amount of dress-up time...




A photo posted by Debbie T (@moodybq) on

A photo posted by Debbie T (@moodybq) on



A photo posted by Debbie T (@moodybq) on

A photo posted by Debbie T (@moodybq) on

Shadow is so much harder to photograph since he is a mini black panther. Toss in our black furniture and he becomes ninja cat. Literally. There are numerous times that we walk into the family room, do whatever we're doing and then spot him sleeping on top of the sofa. I think he's learned not to sleep in my sitting spot so he won't get squashed. 

Lately Shadow has picked a more visible spot to sleep...in the middle of our stairs which are light gray. Now we just have to be careful to not step on him.

Oh that reminds me of an incident where Phil did not move when I closed the door. He managed to get his tail caught and I took a strip of fur off his tail. I felt so bad for Phil. Luckily for me, Phil did not blame me for this accident and still loves me just the same.




Poor Phil got his tail caught in the door

Those are the latest photos of our cats. 

No comments:

Post a Comment