Thursday, February 04, 2016

Household tip

I'm definitely not Susie Homemaker but I try my best. Sometimes its difficult to manage a household while providing care to my mom too but I guess H & I have a strong sense of love/family/duty.

We manage together which is great to have a partner that will go with the flow and share everything. Anyway, I discovered a cleaning tip which is not new or groundbreaking probably to anyone but me but I thought I would share it anyway. :) 

I have an Instant Pot  which is an electric pressure cooker plus rice/slow/porridge cooker too but I mostly use it for pressure cooking. It has a stainless steel insert and over time it has developed some staining. I didn't want to use a harsh scrubber on it and somehow I came across a little video demonstrating how to remove stains on my Instant Pot.

It's simple. Distilled vinegar and baking soda and a little brush (like an old toothbrush). No measuring since you only need enough to get the reaction of the two ingredients foaming up. Like those school projects and making our own volcano.

Well, I tried it on my Instant Pot and boy, it works and makes it shine like new. Awesome! This morning, as I was heating up my water for my coffee I see all the coffee stains in my little Chemex carafe which is glass. I pour a little white vinegar in there and accidentally dumped a lot of baking soda in it. Whoosh! A nice eruption of foam, well, not an eruption but a definite reaction of foam. But my Chemex is beautiful again. 

So that's my little tip for the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment