Friday, January 10, 2014

Off the Needles

I'm definitely knitting but way behind in photographing them. My mom's car was acting up for the past 2 weeks so we finally put it in the shop for repairs where it has been for the past week. That means my mom needs transportation and I'm the chauffeur which is good and bad. I'm learning patience, haven't got it but trying... So this week has been daily trips to grocery store and the doctor's office since this was the week where my mom had scheduled eye surgery. The good news is that her car is ready although we want to limit her driving so we shall see how this goes.

Okay, back to knitting. I'm currently working on a sock project from the Cookie A sock yarn club which is fantastic. The December pattern Arrow has jump started my sock knitting again and I'm at the foot so almost complete. The club yarn is by Tanis Fiber which is fabulous. It's kind of funny how much I've learned over these years about sock yarn. Words/terms like MCN (merino, cashmere, nylon blend) & twist all contribute to the fabric of the sock. This yarn is MCN which I read some knitters do not like to use for socks because some do not hold up well but here is where the twist part comes in. I can't get all technical because I won't describe it accurately but I know enough that this yarn will be durable and extra soft/squishy. I can't stop petting it. I do know that I want to buy more and see how it all comes out. Maybe a scarf...

Now the Arrow pattern is textured and easily memorized. Josh guessed the name of the pattern just by looking at my socks. :) I'm so close to finishing but I got a tad sidetracked with a hat. That was a great leftover stashbusting type project called Scrappy Gems Fair Isle hat.


Scrappy Gems hat done.

I must stay focused on my socks so I can get to other projects waiting in the wings. 

Meanwhile, I'm obsessed with this T-shirt I thought Tyler might like (he does) and I love saying this because it cracks me up...


Saw this T-shirt for Tyler and he's wearing it tomorrow. Boom!


Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment