Thursday, March 29, 2012

Sockhead hat

I finished another project that was begun several months ago. It's a Sockhead Hat. Super easy but can be ultra-boring with lots of stockinette. I made one before which was slow going but I found out that this type of hat looks good on me. Thinner fingering yarn doesn't add more bulk to my head and I really like the light weight warmth of the hat which is perfect for our SoCal winters. Don't laugh...it's been cold here this year! Frost and everything. :) I also use the hat a lot at hockey games and I go to a lot of hockey games.

So I decided I needed a slightly thicker hat so I went off to knit. I chose Socks That Rock Mediumweight in the colorway Drop Dead Sexy.

I finally finished the hat yesterday and had both kids model the hat.

IMG_6622.jpg

IMG_6621.jpg


As you can see. it is nice and stretchy and looks good on both boys. :)

IMG_6627.jpg

IMG_6629.jpg

I might have some conflict since all 3 of us will enjoy wearing the hat although I haven't tried it on Hector's head yet. That might be a problem!

No comments:

Post a Comment