Friday, July 29, 2016

Love Your Spouse Challenge

Day 1: I keep seeing this Love Your Spouse Challenge for 7 days on FB which got me thinking, what would I post and share? So I'll do my own challenge here on my blog and I can share more story about the photo.


The Beginning of Us

Here we are, practically babies...not really I'm 25 and Hector is 32. The year is 1992. Hector graduated med school and I was one year out from pharmacy school. My friend Kathy and I decided to throw a Black & White party for friends and co-workers. We had about 10 people show up which was fine for us. It was chill. Hector drove up from San Diego and at the end of the night, he said that he had something for me.

I wasn't sure what to expect but Hector pulls out an envelope with a letter inside that had been opened. I started to read it but I wasn't sure what it meant; it was from UC Davis in Sacramento. I looked up at Hector what does this mean? He said that he got a surgery residency in Sacramento so he didn't have to leave me.

Hector had gotten a residency in Buffalo, NY so that would have been a huge change in our relationship. Sacramento was closer at 350 miles versus 3,000 miles. But it was closer.

Even back then although we said were not serious, it seemed that we spent a lot of our free time together. Maybe I didn't realize it back then how we would end up together but I knew that Hector was important to me.

I was sheltered in many ways and Hector wanted to see what was out in the world for him but I think God had a plan for us. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment