Saturday, July 30, 2016

Day 2: Love Your Spouse challenge

Remember Sacramento? Hector got his residency there and I basically only left that area about 18 months previous so I didn't imagine myself going back there so soon.

Luckily, I still had college friends in the area that I could visit and catch up.

One of my good friends, Monica actually commuted to school which was about 30 minutes each way. She and her family were super nice to me especially on the holidays I couldn't go home. 

The fun fact was/is that her family owns an egg ranch in Acampo outside of Lodi. It was a startling thing to me because it was so country to this city girl. I would go to Monica's house overnight sometimes where her German family welcomed me with open arms and huge amounts of food. The first time I had dinner, they served steaks like full on huge T-bone steaks. I think my eyes bulged out when I saw the size of them! Then it was their turn to look at me funny when I asked for 1/2 of it. 

I had such good times there, seeing how the ranch operated and the huge warehouses of chickens. When Monica brought eggs, she brought a flat of eggs. When her family had a party, there wasn't just one dessert but a whole table of them. I had not idea what they were but there were oh so delicious. 

Her dad and his friends would let us try vodka drinks and be cool with it. I have the best memories of that place. 

So I had to share with Hector all the good times and we headed out there one day I was visiting Hector in Sacramento. 

It looks like we're having a great time. And yes, we got a flat of eggs.


Eggs for Sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment