Wednesday, May 25, 2016

I'm Back

Sorry for being out of it but I'm back and focusing on some projects.

There are so many things I want to do and not enough time or I need time to prepare/plan/execute but I will get to them.


#philthecat appreciates my #knitting

I can't remember if I posted my small lap blanket knit from scraps. I used the seemless neverending supply of worsted weight yarn to knit a colorful blanket. Well, this blanket attracts the cats like catnip and to be honest, it's fine with me since I wanted them to have their own blanket so they hopefully leave my nice squish blanket alone (it's wrapped up away from the cats).

So I just put the blanket on top of a beach towel, tucked the ends underneath forming a cat bed. They love it! Phil is the usual occupant of the bed but I do see Shadow on it a couple of times. 


Nice to see #shadowthecat enjoy #knitting also. #philthecat looks put out.

Above is proof that Shadow still exists. That mangled knit ball has been a fave of the cats since we adopted them. I keep patching it up and they keep tearing away at it.




Chasing Rainbows blanket (pre-blocking) using leftover #yarn

Here is the entire blanket minus cats. The pattern is called Chasing Rainbows on Ravelry and it's free. My version is definitely scrappy and random. The original version has stripes about 8 rounds each but I just kept knitting and adding yarn when I ran out. A wonderful stash & scrap buster.

Speaking of stash, I was searching in my vast yarn cupboard/closet looking for another project and I was sort of stunned (for a second) at my worsted weight stash. Um, I think it'll be year of the hat and blankets this year if my wrist holds up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment