Friday, May 27, 2016

Artsy or Crafty

I had a break in knitting because I've been neglecting painting etc. It's nice to shift and focus on something else creative.

I'm a huge fan of Youtube because I can find tutorials, techniques and DIY ideas. I searched beginning painting and numerous  videos popped up. It's like having your own personal online school. 

Watching these videos sparked my painting urges...I learned about adding texture with tissue paper to my painting so that was a fun learning curve. Some videos are short (15 minutes) or long ( 1 hour +). It's just a great learning tool.

So back to painting...


Crafty day. Watercolor sunset/palm trees card.

I dabble in watercolors too but I find it a bit harder since I'm impatient with blending colors and my technique can be much better. This greeting card was lots of fun. I paint on some card stock that is meant for photos so that is most likely my problem but I work with what I have. 

This next painting is using the tissue paper technique. I found a canvas board that was pretty ugly so I covered it up with this.


Textured acrylic painting using tissue paper. Lots of fun but need some patience for drying in between.

I will put up another post with the Youtube link....this was a really fun experience for me. I love that everyone can do this and put their individual touches on it. As we try to teach the kids in Adventure in Art that there is no wrong. It is your art and it's unique and wonderful. This may be hard for lots of people to accept but it should be fun. This is recreation for me. If my friends/family like it, then I have a gift for them.


No comments:

Post a Comment