Monday, June 01, 2015

May Favorites

I promise to get to my summary of Japan but I'm happy to be able to find some new topics for blogging. 

For the month of May, these are my 5 faves. They are things I have enjoyed so I'm sharing. :)

1: I have a seriously lack of eyelashes. Yes, my lashes are very light, thin and short. I don't like to wear mascara but I do for special occasions. I've tried false eyelashes but they're expensive and I always had someone put them on for me. I've felt self-conscious about them and the false ones seem to be really extreme so I felt conspicuous with them.
Flash to 2015...more styles are available and at my local Daiso (Japanese $1.50 store) has a so many ones to choose from. I figured I'm Asian so maybe I'll give them a go. I can pay $1.50 to try a few styles out.  Ta-da!! I found these and they work great. I can get about 3 uses out of them if I'm careful and they add some pop to my eyes. I am much more comfortable putting them on too. I buy about 6 or more so I always have some on hand.

Daiso eyelashes

2: Cosmetic Organizer/3 drawers. I don't have a huge array of cosmetics so I kept it all in a cosmetic bag but lately with a renewed interest in makeup etc I have to dig in the bag only to grab the wrong item. So when I was at Bed Bath and Beyond, I found this cute clear cosmetic organizer and it's perfect for the amount of makeup I have. It's actually more than enough, I have room for more stuff. My friend sells Mary Kay cosmetics so I have a drawer dedicated to samples. Now I know were everything is and makes putting makeup on a snap.

Cosmetic organizer

3: The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer. Cress is the 3rd book in the series. I started the first book Cinder earlier in May and here we are. Really clever in blending fairy tales and sci-fi. It may not be for everyone but I'm enjoying them a lot. Cress: Lunar series

4: My mini-iPad cover. Hector have me a mini for Mother's Day so of course I want get a protective cover and this is what I found. Something colorful and unusual. :)

My colorful skulls mini iPad cover
5: Dove Promises Dark Chocolate. I don't consider myself a chocoholic at all but I saw Easy 1 Minute Lava Cakes ( a quick 1 minute chocolate lava cake recipe)and had to try it. There are many ways to do this but I think this is the easiest... I tried this Memorial weekend and it came out great. I have leftover chocolate so I tried them and yum. :)

Dove Promises Dark Chocolate


Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment