Wednesday, July 23, 2014

UCLA Baby

Well, we heard of a new addition to our family! They haven't made an official announcement as far I know but they told us the news. So of course, I had to get started on a terrific baby gift. 

Now since I don't knit adult sized sweaters (while I'm typing in 80* weather), I'm all for baby sized sweaters. After that, it's strictly accessories! Side note: in the very beginning of my knitting  adventures, I chose to knit a sweater with the wrong yarn which I completed but it was a total disaster! It was not good.

So anyway, I present the UCLA Baby Sophisticate sweater. Isn't it adorable? I want to knit another one for my cousin but they live in Arizona which might not be all that practical is can be useful when they visit Cali. What the heck~!
I'm going to knit them one too anyway! Thinking a dark gray or a blue...

UCLA baby sweater

Lucky for me (and them) I had the right colors and enough to produce this cute sweater....it just feels awesome to have the perfect yarn in your stash. I also happened to have the right buttons although only 2 of each style. I think it adds some whimsy.

UCLA Baby Sophisticate

Garter stitch border

Shawl collar on baby sweater


  I get to knit sweet, adorable baby things for 2 babies. Oh the possibilities!!


1 comment:

  1. Very cute. Two ladies at my job are also pregnant and I am excited to knit wee baby things for them.

    ReplyDelete