Wednesday, July 09, 2014

NHL Awards

Something serious happened over the last 10 years that has taken a hold of me....most of you already know this and it's LA Kings hockey and pretty much any NHL hockey. Sure it started innocently enough with me trying to be a good wife and get some tickets for H.
 A simple 3 game pack. I didn't know any better but I bought them on the side where the Kings shoot once. Well, we upgraded to a 10 game pack on the other side of the rink, then started up closer and closer to the glass while adding up the games. Half season then heck lets go for the full season. 

I admit that I didn't fully get hockey till about 6 years ago. The Kings were not a very good team but they drafted some young, exciting players so it was nice to watch them mature as players. Then the Kings made the playoffs! And lost in the 1st round, repeat that same thing the following year. By then, I was fully hooked so here we are.

My friend Kat and I had planned to take the kids to Indio in June. We go almost every summer and it's fine. Hot, desert & we go mostly for a change of scenery. This year I thought, well maybe we should try Vegas. Kat has a timeshare there we can use, lets try that. Oh look, we can tweak our dates to coincide with the NHL Awards. I'm sooo sneaky. 

So we headed down to the Wynn with the kids, I gave them some $ and sent them off for about 3 hours while we hung out at the red carpet to get a glimpse of hockey players. It helped that the Kings won the Stanley Cup (again) too.

We met some nice fellow women hockey fans and had a great time. :) The kids endured the heat okay and managed to spend their money on LEGOs.

I won't bore you with lots of pics from the awards so here they are....

No comments:

Post a Comment