Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Appreciation

Apple Core blanket
Apple core blanket. The hole is right by the purple core.

Knitting is a relaxing, therapeutic activity that I really enjoy. I've slowed down a bit mostly because of life and wrist issues but I'm getting back into it.

I knit this cute Apple Core blanket (baby sized) for a really good friend about 1.5 years ago when she was expecting twin girls. The other day when I was over for a visit, I saw it on the family room sofa and picked it up. I could see that it was machine washed because some of the wool has felted but it still holding up well except for a hole where I sewed the cores together. My friend said she uses the blanket all the time and that's why it's on the sofa. I took the blanket home so I could mend it and brought it back.

It makes me really happy to see a handknit gift being used and loved. Sure, it's worn down a bit but I'd rather see it being used & getting holes rather than being stuffed in a drawer somewhere never to see the light of day. Knits are meant to be enjoyed and worn. If it gets destroyed, it gives me a good reason to knit something for you. :)

Meanwhile, I'm slowly making more apple cores from my leftovers so I can have my very own blanket too. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment