Monday, October 11, 2010

Vortex

We had a nice weekend, how about you? Got to watch a couple of  Kings hockey games on TV (won 1, lost 1), H worked a Saturday and the kids attended a birthday party.
001
I also started a hat. It's called Vortex and it is completely different from any hats I've knit before. I jumped in feet first and followed the pattern even though I had no idea where it was taking me. I didn't know what was up  or down. By the next day, I began to see the potential and got to grafting the ends together.
004
005
I thought at first that the hat would be too big and it sorta is (for normal heads). So that means it fits Tyler and my head just fine. I just need to remember to go a needle size down to get a hat to fit the masses. Other than that, it is a very cool and unique looking hat. There is a pointy version and non-pointy version (which I did but it still looks like a nipple). ;) 
003
Tyler didn't feel well last night so he got to stay home with me. He says he feels fine but he must be tired of being the resident hat model.

I think I'm making more....

No comments:

Post a Comment