Thursday, February 25, 2010

Knits and stuff

You didn't think I stopped knitting, did you? I did slow down a bit during my Canadian adventure although I was happy to knit on the plane going to and from Canada. One of the flight attendents even commented on my pretty knitting. :)
I did finish a pair of socks before my trip but didn't have the time to take pictures but here they are.

Scandanvian socks.

I absolutely LOVE these socks. They were a bit fiddly to knit because I used 2 different yarns which I carried or alternated on the inside to get this pattern that can be tricky enough but since I knit 2 socks at a time that means 4 balls of yarn and lots of tangles. The 2 yarns make the socks thicker and warmer . These were totally worth all the trouble I went through.
Next is another pair of scrunchie handwarmers. I think these are the 5th or 6th pair I've made and they're great. Use some self striping yarn and it ups the cool factor. :) I finished these this week.
Sorry I'm keeping these for me!
Now to figure out what to knit next...I did buy some yarn while I was in Victoria so I'm eager to try them very soon.
I did miss Valentine's Day with my Cheeseboy(s) which must have been a first in our marriage but we celebrate our love every day (heh)! So leave it to Hector to give me something unusual, unexpected adn totally perfect for me. One year was shooting lessons and gun which is very unusual but I dig it. Who would have thunk it? This year Hector got a subscription to The Hockey News a weekly magazine about hockey (duh) and my sock club membership. Hockey and yarn. My 2 favorite pastimes. A sock club membership through The Loopy Ewe which is very difficult to get into. You enter a lottery and hope for the best. I entered and got a spot. Woo hoo! So every 3 months or so, I receive enough yarn for a pair of socks (from a indie dyer in a limited color) and sock pattern. A nice surprise to anticipate.

My Canadian souvenirs. Not too bad since there were so many things that were so cute. I restrained myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment