Friday, September 25, 2009

Making an appearance before the weekend

<
My posts are inconsistent, like duh! Excuses, excuses but I've been productive! Just not in front of a computer. I've been knitting and walking, lots of walking and Wii Fit. My BIL, Carlos brought Wii Fit over the last time he was here so I could try it out. It wasn't even opened yet and I think he had it for a while (he just hooked up the Wii after, like, forever). Well, I fell in love with it. Yoga and fun games made it really enjoyable. Balancing on the board makes it challenging and just in a few weeks, I noticed my posture and balance improving. It also measures your BMI which I won't state the numbers but mine has gone down a bit. That's good, the lower the better (unless you're underweight). I don't know how accurate this thing is but my digital scale is telling me good things too. Add in walking on the treadmill 5 days a week while watching movies and knitting. Yes, I said knitting on the treadmill (which I'm not encouraging). That bad habit has stopped because I've cranked up the speed so knitting is not an option (although I wish I could). Oh and yesterday I started a Yogalates class with Sherri. A combo of yoga and Pilates for a hour. Good thing I started an exercise program beforehand because it wasn't really strenous on me but a bit challenging. I worked up a good sweat...and today I don't ache or hurt but feel relaxed and centered. I heard that it takes 21 days to form good habits and I'm around there now.


Going back to the subject of knitting...I was knitting on the treadmill to finish these babies.

Nice, huh? The pattern is Waffle Rib and these will go to Hector's coworker's daughter in Chicago. Wool socks are really good in cold weather. The pattern was super simple and easy to memorize. That's why I knit them on the treadmill. I'm gonna remember these for another pair. Tyler already grew out of his homemade socks so he's been asking for some more. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment