Friday, January 27, 2006

The Beginning

Today I decided that I waste enough time on my computer along with countless others on this planet so I'm taking the plunge into blogging. Not that I expect this blog to change the world but I admit it is fun to read and express ideas.
It's Friday and my husband has the day off. I had planned to take him shopping for snowboard boots (early Valentine's day present) but that kind of thing you can't just surprise the person with a pair. The thought and gesture is there but I have to take him to see which boots he likes which ruins the element of surprise. Thankfully, he doesn't mind that part. We've been married for 9 years now and we take separate mini-vacations every year. For the last 3 years, he takes off with a couple of guy friends and they go snowboarding for 5 days at Lake Tahoe. For my time off, I usually go to Las Vegas for a 3 days and one year I took a week long cruise to Alaska. It is a nice break and it makes me appreciate him more while he is gone. We have 2 sons, ages 3 and 6 so I notice the help he provides. What can I say? It works for us..
But back to my plans for today...a friend called this morning at 8am while I was getting the kids ready for school. He has awful back pain from a chronic recurrence of kidney stones so he needs help. My husband is helping drive his friend to the doctor so our shopping will have to wait until later. I was hoping that we could get the shopping done before my oldest son gets out of school. Oh well, maybe later.
I need to give my friend Kathy J. a big birthday greeting! She turns the B-I-G 40 today! Ahhh, where does the time go? We met in the 2nd grade and became best friends. Over time, we haven't stayed as close but she remains one of my cherished friends. Happy Birthday Kathy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment