Monday, September 08, 2014

Knitted Lace Jewelry Frame

Okay, so now I'm kind of expanding my knitting wings so to speak. I usually like to give knits as gifts and it's nice to know if they're being used or not because I don't want to be that weird person/ family member who is always giving handknits.

I've knit the usual hats, socks, and scarves but I found a cool pattern and hopefully the women in my life will enjoy this as much as I do.


Latest #DIY #knit #project done. A #knitted #jewelry #frame #display.

It's an unusual and cool gift IMO if the ladies don't like these, then they can re-gift. I already know of one person in my family who does not want one. The horror!

The frames can be set on a table or hung on the wall. Pretty nifty.

I like this a lot and spent all weekend looking for frames, knitting the pattern and finding the fabric backing. :)


Knitted Lace Jewelry Frame

This barely uses any yarn and I like how the frame can totally set the mood.

A better photo with my DSLR. Knitted Lace Jewelry Frame


Birthday Knitted Jewelry frame all done.
One last one that will be a birthday gift. It has the funky Instagram filter on it so I will get proper photos of this and the others too.

This pattern is free on Ravelry.


2 comments:

  1. That is way cool!! I can't tell what size you knitted these? 8x10? I'm thinking even a 5x7 would make a good gift, but it will be too small for myself! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christine! These frames are 8 x 10. I tried stapling the fabric & using double sided tape. Just be sure to staple really close to edge otherwise the staple will be seen on the edges.

    I think a 5 x 7 would be cute too but yes, a little small lots of earrings.

    ReplyDelete