Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Finished projects

I finished my first lace shawl! Since I have tons of socks yarn that is what I used for this simple shawl.
Pretty mix of pale blue and gray. I will call it Gaia because that is the name of the yarn I used. I bought this locally spun and dyed yarn while in Victoria, BC. It's nice to have a garment to remind me of a memorable trip.
I used my Joann's gift card to buy an umbrella swift and blocking wires. Believe me, you don't want to know. The wires are long thin wires that you insert into your knitting after it's washed to block it to the correct dimensions then pinned down to hold it in place while the piece dries. Hector is very sweet and doesn't yell when my yarn and knitting take over the family room. :)
Finished mosaic socks from The Loopy Ewe sock club. This pair has been mailed to a dear childhood friend. The blues, purples, yellow and green and quite cheerful and spring-like.

These guys aren't quite finished yet but I like how they're turning out. I love how the straw looks like it is going up Tyler's nose.

No comments:

Post a Comment