Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Knitting Stuff

I slowed down on my sock knitting because of some Christmas knitting and here is one of my gifts.
First, the Baby Jester Hat for a baby boy modelled by my baby boy. It is snug on Josh but you get the idea...it's super cute.





It could totally use some jingle bells but since the hat is for a baby, I'll let the mom decide and she can put them on if she wants. So cute. I need to figure out the adult size for this one.


Last week, I was a knitting fiend producing some spawn of the Monster Bear variety. I experimented with ears, eyes and colors. The pink/purple one is my Kool-aid dyed yarn experiment and somehow during the felting process, it lost an eye so I made a little eye patch for it. I still have 2 more bears to throw into the wash and today I dyed another batch of Kool-aid yarn. Think tropical colors like blue, green and orange. Yeah stay tuned....



This project was lots of fun and a definite challenge. It's a dodecahedron according to the pattern and I used my sock yarn scraps. It can be used as a tree topper or a baby toy. This was is going to be a toy for a baby but I forgot to add a plastic acorn filled with some beans to make a rattle inside. Still this is lots of fun...Josh and I had a great time throwing it to each other and it doesn't hurt when you get hit in the head. :) Easy to hold and squish....it's amazing what people can create in making these patterns.

No comments:

Post a Comment